Spark Presentations is a private company founded in 1998. We help you create and deliver high-impact presentations at your high-stakes in-person and virtual events, like trade shows, sales kickoffs, and nonprofit fundraisers. We do this by:
PROVIDING PROFESSIONAL “TALENT” like product presenters, emcees, auctioneers, assistants, product specialists, and magicians, to speak for you at these events
TRAINING AND COACHING YOUR EMPLOYEES in public speaking and trade show booth skills, so they do a better job speaking for you at these events
These services help you capitalize on the immense, unique, and underutilized opportunities presentations offer to create connections, leads, sales, referrals, press, goodwill, donations, and other positive outcomes efficiently, effectively and enjoyably. Every service is designed to help you maximize your ROI at your event.
We work with companies and nonprofits of any size, including you. Our clients include:
GLOBAL CORPORATIONS like AT&T, Best Buy, Ericsson, FedEx, Home Depot, Hyundai, Intel, Kimberly-Clark, Olympus, Owens-Corning, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and Volvo
TECHNOLOGY LEADERS like AMD, Citrix Systems, Intel, NVIDIA and Symantec
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS GROUPS like Vistage and the CEO Club of Boston
NONPROFITS in the education, military, religious and other fields, including the Navy SEAL Legacy Foundation, the Greater Boston Food Bank, the Pan-Mass Challenge, and Newbury College
We can deliver any service in person or virtually, for any in-person or virtual event:
We deliver these services for individual exhibitors, and for entire shows as “show officials“:
1. BOOTH STAFFING
We place professional trade show personnel in your booth in key roles:
• PRESENTERS deliver scripted product presentations to large audiences in your booth theater throughout the show
• EMCEES introduce other presenters in your booth theater, build your audience, make announcements, run raffles & more
• PRODUCT SPECIALISTS qualify prospects, give demos, and answer questions
• ASSISTANTS engage attendees, scan badges, and keep your booth humming
• MAGICIANS & JUGGLERS perform customized, mesmerizing routines
2. BOOTH TRAINING
We train your employees in the same booth engagement and etiquette skills our pros use, so they engage more attendees, scan more badges, run more demos, answer more questions, and generate more qualified leads and sales.
3. ADDITIONAL TRADE SHOW SERVICES:
• Presentation script and slideshow creation and editing
• Promotional booth videos for your website and social media channels
• Booth observation and analysis
• Booth photography and videography
We provide professional masters of ceremonies for all kinds of events, including:
• “One-off” events like product launches and nonprofit fundraisers
• Multi-city events like corporate traveling shows
• Annual events like sales kickoffs (SKOs), client parties, and awards ceremonies
• Embedded events, like trade show opening & closing sessions
We provide professional live auctioneers for nonprofit fundraisers, who facilitate live auctions and fund-the-need / raise-your-paddle programs.
Beyond the bidding, our auctioneers can also emcee your event, run your fundraising games, write your auction scripts, design your auction slides, coach your other speakers in speaking skills, and bring a wealth of insight and advice to your auction planning process.
Probably! We’ll work anywhere in the world our clients ask us to go.
Most of our work is centered in major U.S. event cities, like Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as our home city of Boston.
Over the years, we’ve also delivered services in Canada, Mexico, Europe, South Africa and Hong Kong.
If your event and/or service is virtual, we’ll stream it from our green-screen studio to your audience anywhere in the world.
You can book our services in one of three ways:
1. A LA CARTE: Choose and book any service(s) individually as needed
2. MULTI-EVENT: Group and book services for different events together (e.g. all company trade shows in one year, all in-person and virtual fundraisers in a fundraising season)
3. RETAINER PROGRAM: Buy a monthly, quarterly or annual bundle of hours to “spend” on any combination of Spark services, or gift them to your charity of choice
Glad you asked! We know your event is important, your budget is precious, your outcomes are crucial and your boss is watching.
Here’s why our clients have told us they bring us back for their high-stakes events:
1 THE INTANGIBLES
• We’re easy to work with: friendly, responsive, and patient
• We adapt quickly to your work style, and to the unexpected
• We love delivering more than you asked for (for less than we estimated)
2. THE TANGIBLES
• We save your time with streamlined communication, contracting and invoicing
• We save your money by traveling cheap and never marking up expenses
• We aim for your targets: lead scans, donation goals, registrations, sales, you name it
Thanks for asking! Andy will personally answer your questions, book your services and manage your process.
To connect with Andy:
• Complete the contact form on any website service page, or on the “Contact” page
• Call or text Andy at 781-454-7600
• Email Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Saks, Spark’s owner and lead speaker and trainer, founded Spark Presentations in 1998, and has nurtured it ever since.
Andy grew up in the Boston suburb of Lexington, Massachusetts. He spent his teenage summers as a volunteer tour guide on Lexington’s Battle Green, where the American Revolutionary War began in April, 1775. Andy would recount the story of Paul Revere’s midnight ride and the “shot heard ’round the world,” then turn his tri-cornered Minuteman hat upside-down and ask his audience to fill it with tips.
While selling interactive marketing programs for America Online at the dawn of the internet age, Andy realized how much a business’ success depends on great presenters delivering clear, concise, compelling presentations. He decided to start a company focusing on just that service, by providing just that skill.
Andy focused initially on trade show booth presentations. As demand increased over the years, he added related services like booth training & staffing, corporate event emcees, and live auctioneers.
Andy is also the author of The Presentation Playbook, which helps businesspeople master common presentation situations by building and running speaking “plays” like a coach or player calls a key play in a game.
When Andy’s not working or traveling, you can find him spending time with his wife Deb and daughter Cara in their house near Boston, rooting for the Red Sox, and searching tirelessly for the perfect sushi roll.